Football Federation Northern Territory's National Training Center(NTC) program aims to provide opportunity to the talented boys and girls within Northern territory to develop their skills and ability through a game related approach to training. This program is intended to prepare and identify the players from NT who has the potential to be a future national squad.
This program is especially designed for boys and girls aged 10 years to 16 years where young players can be trained and prepared for games at the height levels.
The Academy is managed by Football Federation Northern Territory, which is lead by head NTC/SAP Coach John Tambouras, who has been in this field for a long period of time.
This year in NTC program, we had over 180 kids come in and trial. Out of all those kids, we selected 6 teams which includes 4 boys team and 2 girls team.
The Boys team are made up of 22 players. The teams are:
- Skilleroos ( under 10/11 ) boys train 2 nights a week
- Joeys (under 12/13 ) boys train 3 nights a week
- Olyroos ( under 12/13 ) boys train 3 nights a week
- Socceroos ( under 15/16 ) boys train 3 nights a week
Girls teams are:
- Matilda's ( Under 13/14 ) girls train 3 nights a week
- Young Matilda's ( under 10/11/12 ) train 2 nights a week
FFNT is working closely with the clubs this year and want the clubs to get benefit from NTC program. Most players will be training 3 nights a week with the NTC and once with their football club in different competition divisions. They then play for their club on the weekend. So most players have 5 football interactions a week, which we believe is ideal in player development. We will also be working with the NTIS this year. Great to have them on board as they will help us a lot with strength and conditioning, player recovery, injury prevention, player bio-metrics and coach education.
We have also identified some talented coaches which we will try and mentor them help them on every possible way to deliver curriculum based and Skill based sessions which are all apart of the Australian Football curriculum. We have identified 15 coaches , that we think are the next generation of elite footballing coaches.
The coaches are:Young Matilda's :
- Head coach- Vereena Mac
- Assistant coach- Rabea Baino
- Head coach- Pier Koulakis
- Assistant coach - Michael Kitsos
- Head Coach - George Singh
- Assistant coach - Angelo Theodorkopoulos
- Head Coach - Kosta Tragousti
- Assistant coach - Pedro Stefanidakis
- Assistant coach - Yianni Stefanidakis
- Head coach- Pouv Pich
- Assistant coach- Andrew Savvas
- Head coach- Jade Embuscado
- Assistant coach- Shaun Hodor
- Assistant coach- Dan Reeve
All players have the opportunity to be picked and to represent the NT at the National Titles in Coffs Harbour, Canberra and Tasmania, where they will be up against the best talented footballers in Australia and have the opportunity to impress Australian and A-League Scouts.
For more details, please contact
John Tambouras (NTC/SAP Head Coach)